Total Source Removal
Step-by-Step Cleaning Process
- Air Quality Solutions begins by thoroughly inspecting the HVAC system, designing a remediation plan according to the needs of the facility and the condition of the Air System.
- We sweep the ductwork with 200 lbs. of applied air pressure while the vacuum hose pulls 5,000 cubic feet per minute back out of the ductwork. The vacuum equipment pulls the dust, mold, and debris into a specially sealed compartment. Our portable vacuum systems utilize HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, capable of trapping 99.97% of particles down to .3 microns in size. Debris in the ductwork is loosened and removed by a combination of our rotary brush unit, air whips, and manual brushes on flex-rod sections, then driven to the portable HEPA vacuum units.
- Heating/cooling coils and pans are thoroughly cleaned as necessary with detergents and pressure washed with our portable power wash system. Wastewater is controlled through the use of a HEPA portable wet/dry vacuum. HVAC fan housing and blower units are cleaned with vacuum and compressed air, then pressure washed as necessary for final cleaning.
- Degraded or contaminated internal fiberglass acoustic insulation in air handlers and ductwork is replaced as necessary or coated with an approved nontoxic, polymer/latex treatment.
- All supply, return, and exhaust diffusers, registers and grills are cleaned. At your request, we will use special disinfectants on your systems and ductwork. If specified, your Air Handling System will be treated with an EPA-registered sanitizing agent to mitigate microbial growth and possible bio-aerosol contamination.
- If you have special considerations and/or specifications in the cleaning and care of your HVAC system, we will strive to efficiently and thoroughly make your system clean and suited to your needs.
- Upon completion, we provide a post project inspection of the HVAC System, ensuring that proper hygiene specifications and project goals have been met.