Healthy employees help a business run efficiently, with less time off work and happier people in the workplace. One thing to help keep employees healthy is to improve the air quality in the office. Unhealthy air can lead to not only colds and sniffles, but serious respiratory problems as well.
Air Duct Cleaning
Just like at home, your office has a furnace and air conditioning system. Throughout the different seasons, the heating and cooling equipment pushes warm or cool air through the ductwork, which is the system of shiny metal tunnels in the ceiling, inside walls, and under floors. As the ductwork winds through an office, there are lots of turns. Dust and other debris containing allergens and microbes such as mold and germs get caught in these turns and builds up over time. Every day as air is recirculated through these dirty spots, it sends slightly contaminated air throughout the office. Overtime, the air quality in the office worsens.
For this reason, it’s necessary for a company specializing in commercial air duct cleaning in Norcross, GA, to come in and service your heating and cooling systems. When finished, they will leave you with a healthier office. Not only will this clean indoor air help employees stay healthy, but it will help your HVAC system run more efficiently, saving you money on heating and cooling costs.
Six Reasons for Commercial Air Duct Cleaning
Here are six reasons to consider commercial air duct cleaning in Norcross, GA.
- Mold – If you notice dark spots on ceilings and walls near registers, this could mean you have mold and mildew inside your ductwork. This should be inspected immediately by an HVAC company, as mold can lead to a number of respiratory illnesses.
- Low Air Flow – When the heating and cooling equipment comes on, walk around to each register and put your hand close to determine if you have sufficient air coming through each register. If you notice a difference in air pressure, you may have blockages in the ductwork.
- Dirty Air Filters – Air filters are your first line of defense to block dust and debris from recirculating through the ductwork. Air filters slide in next to the furnace. Pull these out every month and replace to ensure good air flow. If the filters are really dirty every month, you may have years of dust and debris in the ductwork.
- Dirty Air Return Grill – Air is constantly being recirculated in the office. The system pulls air back into the ductwork through the air return grills. Inspect the grills for dirt and grime as a sign that it’s time for a cleaning.
- Animal Droppings – If you notice animal droppings close to the registers or heating and cooling equipment, you could have rodents that occasionally visit and crawl through the ductwork. This could be another cause of unhealthy air in the office. It’s also a good time to call an exterminator.
- Last Cleaning – It’s not a matter of if the ductwork needs to be professional cleaned, but how often. Depending on the office environment, it is recommended that ductwork be cleaned every three to five years.
You can learn more about commercial air duct cleaning by calling the experts at Air Quality Systems at 770.446.1142.